What's in my purse? Everyday essentials carried by working mom
Take a peak into what's in my purse
Do you want to know what's in my purse as a working mother with 2 boys? Women have to carry so many things in their purses to help them get through their day, and I am no different. But as the boys grew older I made it a point to carry less and only the essentials. Why?? Because according to Dailymail.uk women carry more than 2kg of weight in their bag daily which is bad for their back and shoulders. So ladies out there, it is time to cull what's in your bag!!
The essential things that I can't live without
As kids get older, we carry less of their things and yet we still have so many things of our own in our bag?! We are always getting into and out of our purses, and it's something we carry with us everywhere we go, so shouldn't we make it more organize and also to have the necessary essentials ONLY?! Did you ever think why do we need to carry so many things in our purse. Just to dig in deeper I took the time to list out what is really in my purse.
Items that are "a must have" in my purse
9. Business cards/ Name cards. We hardly give namecards these days but for some business meetings it is still a courtesy to give it out, so always have it ready at hand cause you never know when you might need to give it out.
10. Loyalty cards. We have so many of these loyalty cards. From Starbucks cards to all the cards we have signed up with brand shops to get our discounts. I keep them in the cardholder so that it doesn't make my wallet bulky and also it's easier to find them all in one place.
11. Wipes. One thing we can't seem to go with out these days because it is super convenient to clean! Be it kids dirty hands (coz they refuse to wash their hands!) or even wipe down surfaces or smudges.
12. Scrunchy and Hair ties. We always need a hair tie, be it when the weather is hot and we need to put up our hair so that food doesn't get on it. Or just to tie up our hair when we are having a 'bad hair day'. Or even when you have no time to wash your hair yet!
13. Lipstick and lip gloss. Always to have it in hand just to give ourselves a fresh look and a bit of color so that we don't look too tired.14. Gums and mints. Something to keep us awake if we had those late nights caring for kids or just a burst of sugar is good sometimes.
After looking at the list above on what's in my purse, I have a total of 18 items and honestly the above is the bare minimum of items that I need. I like to use a bag insert to organize what's in my purse. For one it's easy for me to change my handbags to match my outfit of the day. For another, I can see if I have forgotten something (as that compartment will be empty).
Finally, don’t underestimate the power of carrying less things in your purse. It seems the lighter we are on our feet and you have everything you need and no more, it's an incredible feeling. With an organized and downsized bag, it just shows that you are ever ready to seize the day.
Let me know on how much things you have in your bag or is your bag very heavy? I am also interested to know what other mothers' carry in their bag. For those of you who did manage spring clean inside your bag, comment below on how you did it, cause sharing is caring!!
Till our next article, Bag in, Bag out!